A special class for Au Pairs this summer! Have fun outside on beautiful Vashon Island while earning 12 class hours with Ray Pfortner, veteran Vashon Island photographer, naturalist, and long-time Island resident, exploring his Island Home. Vashon is only 20 minutes away from Seattle, but with no bridge it’s a world apart. There are no traffic lights, but so many shops, art galleries, a coffee roaster, gorgeous views and natural areas! NOTE: Registration by telephone ONLY. Please call 206-934-5339 to register for this class.
Here are details for your “Vashon Island Adventure” on Sunday, August 19, 2018, $89 (+ Ferry Fee)
- Carpool with your Au Pair friends and take the 8:20 am ferry from West Seattle to Vashon. The Fauntleroy Ferry Terminal is located at 4829 SW Barton, West Seattle. Arrive 30 minutes early to make sure you can get on the ferry. The ferry costs $23.90 round trip per car and driver PLUS $5.45 round trip for each additional passenger.
- Return on the 5:55 pm ferry to West Seattle.
- Each Au Pair is responsible for organizing a car ride with other Au Pairs to and from the Island.
- Bring lunch or lunch money, water, smart phone and/or digital camera, money for souvenirs and snacks, comfortable clothing and walking shoes. We will go rain or shine!
- Each Au Pair must obtain a Certificate of Attendance Request Form from the Continuing Education office to receive a Certificate of Attendance upon completion of the class.
- Earn extra class hours with reading assignment.