Explore a truly American art form and learn to sing from a Blues storytelling perspective.
Guided by a talented musician, you’ll learn about:
- Getting Started: breathing, singing right away, rhythm, forms of the Blues
- Shaping Your Song: choosing details, researching various artists, finding inspiration
- Finding the Heart of the Song
- Finding Your Voice: What makes your voice uniquely yours?
- Revision: How do you sing from the soul and make it real?
- Presentation: Singing your songs for an audience
The last class will be open for your friends and family to join, and you’ll have the opportunity to perform with Seattle-based Blues musicians.
Class held at Seattle Central Campus.